Monday, August 31, 2015

Monthly Recap #7 August 2015



August 2015

I don't think I've read this much in a month in a long time. Granted quite a few of these were only, like, 150-200 pages. But I also spent a lot of my "reading time" doing anything but. I gave in to my curiosity and ended up binge watching the entire first season of Daredevil. If you haven't discovered it's awesomeness yet go to Netflix now and do so! So watching that got me to thinking how, since I'm a total DC girl, I've never really given much Marvel stuff a chance. I mean besides:

 photo Thor01_zps9alulv1j.gif

Because how can you resist Thor when he's played by Chris freaking Hemsworth? Exactly! Well I also decided I'd finally give in to even more temptation and see what Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D was all about. And along strolls this:

 photo aosWard03_zpsmhhur4di.gif

So after wiping the drool from my chin I proceeded to also binge watch most of the first two seasons of that as well. And then you add in the fact that, much to my son's dismay, I also did a marathon of all the Twilight movies (don't judge), and all the board game nights I had with him...I mean, I seriously wonder how in the hell, even as short as a lot of those books where, I was able to read every single one of them in such a short time. 

Why do I always end up babbling? Sigh. My apologies. I'll just get into things shall I?


What I read in August:





What I reviewed:

Blackmail Boyfriend by Chris Cannon
Playing for Her Heart (Gamers #2) by Megan Erickson
Recipe for Temptation (Madewood Brothers #4) by Gina Gordon
Undercover with the Earl by Robyn DeHart
Falling for the P.I. (Still Harbor #1) by Victoria James
The Colonel's Daughter (Men of the Zodiac #8) by Amy Andrews
Unexpectedly His (Smart Cupid #2) by Maggie Kelley
Fearless (Pretty Smart Girls #2) by Shae Ross
Five Things I Love About You (Chase Brothers #1) by Sarah Ballance
Beauty and the Werewolf (San Francisco Wolf Pack #2) by Kristin Miller
The Reaper's Kiss (Deathmark #1) by Abigail Baker
Just Say Yes by Alyssa Goodnight
Make it Count (Bowler University #1) by Megan Erickson
Melting Point (Hot in Chicago #1.5) by Kate Meader


Favorite read of August:

Him-M photo HimM_zpsebaj7xl7.pngMeltingPoint-M photo MeltingPointM_zpsn1goujqe.png

I couldn't decide between these two. Oh my heart...they were perfection. And both M/M romances. Hmm.

Least favorite read of August:

Fearless-M photo FearlessM_zps6ipne2fl.png

I was expecting a fighter romance and this was anything but. Felt very decieved and couldn't shake the disappointment.


Weekly Memes:

Weekly Haul:
#63 | #64 | #65 | #66 | #67

Top Ten Tuesday:
#61: Fairytale Retellings I've Read/Want To Read/Want To Be Retold
#62: Authors I've Read The Most Books From
#63: Authors On My Auto-Buy List (Part Two)

Waiting on Wednesday #37



Challenges:


I've skipped this quite a few months in a row since I allowed myself to get bogged down with ARCs, but, I finally squeezed some time in this month and binged on a series I fell hard for:


The Bowler University series by Megan Erickson
(I highly recommend, it's such a great NA series!!!)




I completed 2 more of these for a total of 19/50 done. I think if I make it to 25 by the end of the year I'll be satisfied with my progress. Because a lot of the rest of them are going to be kind of hard...and I'm just plain procrastinating haha.


So that's it for August. It's been a long and crazy month and I can't believe we're creeping up on the end of 2015! I hope everyone's September is spectacular! For those back in school/getting ready for back to school I wish you luck!




No comments:

Post a Comment