Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday #53



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!

This week's topic is...

Top Ten Books For Readers Who Like Feels :

Trying to figure out what topic to do today was pretty tough. I toyed with things like YA or Paranormal, or Fantasy (Urban, Epic whatever) but I was still having a problem coming up with much of a list that I was happy with. What I did keep pulling up though were lots of books that stomped all over my feels so I figured that was a sign. So the following books someway,,. somehow made me feel all the things!




1. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
Suicide is a tough topic. Jay Asher wrote such a hauntingly beautiful story here that will be one that stays with me for the rest of my life.

What destroys me the most about this book was the sheltered innocence of Archer and then how he was treated by some of the people in town. It broke me.

3. Making Faces by Amy Harmon
Telling you the things that gave me all the feels on this one would mean I'd have to toss out a few spoilers and I'd never do that. Just a very emotional, keep the tissues handy kind of book.

4. Losing Hope (Hopeless #2) by Colleen Hoover
Both Hopeless and Losing Hope are an emotional rollercoaster but it's Losing Hope and all the things we get to see and feel from Holder's POV that did me in. God I love these books!

5. Left Drowning by Jessica Park
This book is just full of broken characters with very sad stories. Characters just trying to get by and occasionally self destructive. 

I've still not moved on from this book. I was so broken by the end of this one, yet loved every single moment of it. The thought of moving on still makes me nervous.

Even though I saw the things coming that made me break down and cry they still hit me pretty hard. This was such a beautiful story.

8. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
This one has the most heartbreaking time loop type of thing in it. By the end I was kind of a mess. My first Lauren Oliver book and I really want to reread it right now!

9. What I Didn't Say by Keary Taylor
I couldn't even begin to imagine waking up in a hospital to find out I would be mute but I feel like Keary Taylor does an amazing job being inside Jake's head and expressing what he's going through. You never realize all the things you should have or could have said until you can't ever say anything at all.

10. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
A list of books full of feels isn't complete unless you add TFIOS. Do I really need to say anything  else here? Didn't think so...


So there you have it! If you're looking for all of the feels then here's a good list to go off of, in my opinion at least! So what kind of books did you make a list of this week? :)




1 comment:

  1. I like feels. I do. But I have to be READY for them. LOL. Like right now. I'm going to start Colleen Hoover's Confess and I feel like I've been giving myself a pep talk for days. ROFL. I've only read Losing Hope and Ten Tiny Breaths, but I do have a lot of these others to read! Someday... LOL.

    ReplyDelete