Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday #52



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!

This week's topic is...


Top Ten Books You Would Classify As
ALL TIME FAVORITE BOOKS
From The Past 3 Years:


You guys I seriously hate this week's topic :( this is so hard. Going through my favorites folder on Goodreads there's over 200 in there. Granted a good chunk of them aren't very recent at all. The problem is I still came up with about 30 books and I hadn't even finished going through 3 years! Sigh. So I'm going to be breaking this down to a few lists with different topics otherwise I'll end up with an honorable mention section that's even longer than the rest of the post!


Paranormal/Fantasy/Urban Fantasy
(Basically anything that isn't contemporary)


1. The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines #4) by Richelle Mead
2. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #1) by Michelle Hodkin
3. Unearthly (Unearthly #1) by Cynthia Hand
4. White Hot Kiss (The Dark Elements #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
5. Opposition (Lux #5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
6. The Collectors' Society (The Collectors' Society #1) by Heather Lyons
7. Alienated (Alienated #1) by Melissa Landers
8. The Collector (Dante Walker #1) by Victoria Scott
9. Matched (Matched #1) by Ally Condie
10. Mistborn: The Final Empire (Mistborn #1) by Brandon Sanderson



Contemporary Feels
(In one way or another these contemporaries shattered my feels)


1. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
2. Yours Tonight (Reign #1) by Joya Ryan
3. Archer's Voice (A Sign of Love) by Mia Sheridan
4. Making Faces by Amy Harmon
5. Left Drowning by Jessica Park
6. Losing Hope (Hopeless #2) by Colleen Hoover
7. Real (Real #1) by Katy Evans
8. Rome (Marked Men #3) by Jay Crownover
9. Rev (Bayonet Scars #3) by J.C. Emery
10. Stepbrother Dearest by Penelope Ward



Contemporary
(Everything else that doesn't quite fit in the above 2 categories)


1. The Avery Shaw Experiment by Kelly Oram
2. Wallbanger (Cocktail #1) by Alice Clayton
3. Losing It (Losing It #1) by Cora Carmack
4. Tangled (Tangled #1) by Emma Chase
5. Scoring Wilder by R.S. Grey
6. Sleeping With Her Enemy (49th Floor #2) by Jenny Holiday
7. Boomerang (Boomerang #1) by Noelle August
8. The Fine Art of Pretending (The Fine Art of Pretending #1) by Rachel Harris
9. My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
10. Love, in English (Love, in English #1) Karina Halle


Seems like I tend to fall in love with books easily. I can't help it if I'm easy to please! I truly loved each and every one of these books though. In their own ways each one has a special place in my heart. Did you have as much trouble as I did this week? What list or lists did you come up with? :)




3 comments:

  1. I love that you did your list this way! Because- hello? Who can choose?!?!? I did 10 with a ton of honorable mentions to lessen the blow, haha. How could I forget Avery Shaw?! I didn't put TCS, but I put one of Heather's other books instead. You picked so many books I love, but didn't include on my list, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you split the books into categories! It was so HARD to narrow down all the amazing books I've read over the past 3 years down to just 10! Loved that Mistborn made the list! Absolutely loved the first book and can't wait to continue on with the series!

    Becca @ Lost in Thought
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks! The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer and Unearthly are two of my favorites too. The series are just so amazing! Matched is also really awesome. :) I hope you have a great week!

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete