Thursday, January 15, 2015

Swoon Thursday #37


Swoon Thursday is a weekly meme hosted by YABound!

Here's what you do:
From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering.


This week's pick is from:


by Michelle Hodkin

"Fuck," he murmured against my lips. The feel, the word, sent a hot little shock through my spine. It skittered through my veins, danced through every nerve.

And then I brushed his lips with mine.

I knew Noah worshiped Charlie Parker and that his toothbrush was green. That he wouldn't bother to button his shirts correctly but always made his bed. That when he slept he curled into himself and that his eyes were the color of the clouds before it rained, and I knew he had no problem eating meat but would subtly leave the room if animals started to kill one another on the Discovery Channel. I knew one hundred little things about Noah Shaw but when he kissed me I couldn't remember my own name.

I was starved for him, for this. I was a creature of need--soaked in feeling and breathless. There was a pull, furious and fierce, and part of me was frightened by it but another part, low and deep and dark, breathed yes.

Noah whispered my name like a prayer, and I was free.


I'm pretty obsessed with Noah Shaw at the moment. But can you blame me? So what book are you swooning over this week? :)


2 comments:

  1. holy cow! I haven't read these books because I don't have them all, but holy shit and cow, this scene make me want to buy them all now and read them in one sit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHHHHH. I have to go read now. Bye. LOL.

    ReplyDelete