Thursday, September 25, 2014

Swoon Thursday #31



Swoon Thursday is a weekly meme hosted by YABound!

Here's what you do:
From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering.


This week's pick is from:



Rome (Marked Men #3)
by Jay Crownover



I should say something. He should say something. Neither of us did, though, and when those pretty, sad eyes moved closer to mine, when that mouth surrounded by a sexy shadow of scruff dropped to cover mine, all I could do was lie there and take it like it was inevitable. I had been kissed plenty in my lifetime--by good boys and bad boys, by boys I liked and boys I didn't, by boys I spent just a minute with and boys I had spent years with, but no one had ever kissed me like this. Something happened when that firm mouth settled over mine. My brain short-circuited, my common sense and basic rationality took a hike, and all I was left with was a bundle of raging hormones and a desire so sharp and pointed it almost hurt when it started to pulse under my skin.


It took me about 2 weeks to pick one of the million and one highlights on my Kindle for this book. If I had it my way I would have typed out the whole book and just said, "Here you go guys! This is what made me swoon!" Rome and Cora are my favorite bookish pairing of all time. Which is saying something because I swoon and fall hopelessly all the time. There's just something about these 2 though that makes my heart flutter and puts a smile on my face nobody else can touch. This whole scene which goes on from both points of view is one of my favorite Rome/Cora moments. I've read it more times than I'll ever admit (it was a lot!) This whole series is awesome but Rome is my #1 :)

What has you swooning this week?

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment