Monday, August 25, 2014

REVIEW: Opposition (Lux #5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Title/Series: Opposition | Lux #5
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Published: August 5th 2014
Format: Paperback | Pages: 352
Genre: YA, Paranormal, Romance
Source: Amazon
★★★★★ (5/5) Stars!!!!

Jennifer L. Armentrout | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads

Katy knows the world changed the night the Luxen came.

She can't believe Daemon welcomed his race or stood by as his kind threatened to obliterate every last human and hybrid on Earth. But the lines between good and bad have blurred, and love has become an emotion that could destroy her—could destroy them all.

Daemon will do anything to save those he loves, even if it means betrayal.

They must team with an unlikely enemy if there is any chance of surviving the invasion. But when it quickly becomes impossible to tell friend from foe, and the world is crumbling around them, they may lose everything— even what they cherish most—to ensure the survival of their friends…and mankind.

War has come to Earth. And no matter the outcome, the future will never be the same for those left standing.


I am equal parts so happy right now that I could burst and absolutely gutted. This is it. The last Lux novel. I feel like bittersweet doesn't even begin to cover it. I've been hit with different emotions since reading the very last words. Sometimes I'm elated and just have this huge sense of relief that it's over and about how it ended. Then others it's almost like being in mourning. Book hangover? Understatement of the year. Never in a million years did I think I'd be so consumed by a series, let alone one that starred an egotistical alien. I went back and forth in my head 2 years back when I came across Obsidian for the very first time. It sounded so good but paranormal just wasn't my go to genre. I don't even want to think about the fact that I very nearly brushed past this series without looking back.

I wasn't sure what to expect before I started. Mostly I was scared to death. I've felt like I'd been burned by series enders in the past, on more than one occasion. It's hard to feel so emotionally invested in a story and characters and have that happen. Opposition was absolutely perfect. Sure there was stuff that happened that hit me like I was being punched in the gut. But sometimes those really bad things that happen are the spark that's needed, the catalyst that brings the strength and resolve necessary for the next step to happen. (Thanks Wendy for helping to realize that!) Everything happens for a reason. Not that it makes it hurt any less but it helps to accept those things that have to happen.

There was also so much to love about this book. The bromance. The love. Daemon. Katy. Dawson. Beth. Dee. Archer, I think he is my absolute favorite addition to the series. He could very nearly give Daemon a run for his money when it comes to my affections. Luc! Ohh Luc I have such a soft spot for that kid. He had me laughing at the strangest moments with his ill timed jokes and smart ass comments. Well ill timed for the people that they were aimed at, for me I thought it was perfect haha. Sigh. There's just so much! I literally just finished and I'm already ready for a reread.

It's hard to put my afterthoughts into words and I keep feeling like I'm about to burst and say way too much. So I guess that means it's time to close this. Opposition was just the right ending to a series that is, and will always be, my absolute favorite. There's just no way anything else will be able to touch it for me. Each book from beginning to end had me wrapped up in so many feelings and emotions, so many highs and lows and everything in between. Each character you're introduced to has so much depth if they were to have crawled out of a page it wouldn't have surprised me. They feel very real. They inspire you to love them and even hate them. While I'm beyond sad that it's over, I'm happy knowing they're still sitting there on my shelf ready for me to take them down and lose myself over and over again in this amazing world that Jennifer L. Armentrout has created. Which I will be doing for years and years to come.


Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. We are review twins today! Gahh the really bad things. :( it still hurts me. Anyway I agree so much. I'm sad that this series is over but at the same time it was so perfect. I miss them already!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did my comment never post the first time......? I totally thought it did. Anyway. We are review twins today. :) I loved Archer too and oh i know maybe it had to happen but it still hurts. :( And I miss Daemon and Katy!! what a great end to the series though!

    ReplyDelete