Friday, August 8, 2014

REVIEW: Archer's Voice (A Sign of Love) by Mia Sheridan

Title/Series: Archer's Voice | A Sign of Love
Author: Mia Sheridan
Publisher: Mia Sheridan
Published: January 25th 2014
Format: eBook | Pages: 345
Genre: NA, Contemporary, Romance
Source: Amazon
★★★★★ (5/5) Stars!!!!

Mia Sheridan | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads

When Bree Prescott arrives in the sleepy, lakeside town of Pelion, Maine, she hopes against hope that this is the place where she will finally find the peace she so desperately seeks. On her first day there, her life collides with Archer Hale, an isolated man who holds a secret agony of his own. A man no one else sees.

Archer's Voice is the story of a woman chained to the memory of one horrifying night and the man whose love is the key to her freedom. It is the story of a silent man who lives with an excruciating wound and the woman who helps him find his voice. It is the story of suffering, fate, and the transformative power of love.

THIS IS A STAND-ALONE NOVEL. The first three books in the series need not be read to enjoy this book. New Adult Contemporary Romance: Due to strong language and sexual content, this book is not intended for readers under the age of 18.



It has taken me a very long time to finish reading this book. We're talking probably close to 8 months. Not to give you the wrong idea thinking it's horrible or anything like that. On the contrary, I loved it so very much. It was just really hard to get through on occasion. I had to stop and start reading over and over so many times it's not even funny. I'm just a huge wimp.

Some days I felt like I was barely holding on to my emotions from moment to moment.

You know how sometimes you will really, really love a character and someone or something has hurt them/is hurting them/is going to hurt them? Or any combination of the three? This is the dilemma I faced with this book. Either something would happen to Archer or I just knew that something was coming around the corner to hurt him in some way and my heart couldn't take it. So I'd put it down and walk away. Only to pick it up once again days, weeks, a month later and try the process all over again.

Maybe there was no right or wrong, no black or white, only a thousand shades of grey when it came to pain and what we each held ourselves responsible for.

This is going to be a short one because I don't want to spoil anything. Especially when all I want to do is go on and on about it. So I'll just say that, plain and simple, this was one of the most beautifully written and heart wrenching books I have ever read. This story and Archer both have carved themselves a nice little place in my heart and it's not one I'll find very easy to forget. It quite often left me and my emotions all tied up in knots. My heart was just a mess. My heart is still...a mess.

Sometimes an understanding silence was better than a bunch of meaningless words.

While I've already mentioned already that I have a lot of love for Archer, Bree was just as likable. Though it was a scary thought having two completely broken people fall for each other. At times I worried that it would end up being a complete disaster. Somehow though, it actually worked, quite well. As the book progressed I became more and more sure that there was truly nobody more perfect for one than the other.

Awkward boy. Sweet, silent Archer Hale.

I'm not sure what else I can say about this one. I'm afraid if I allow myself to go on like I usually do I'll wind up saying way too much. I'm so glad that I never gave up and eventually pushed through the parts that hurt to read. Archer's Voice was fresh and unique, it brings out the whole range of emotions. It wasn't all painful which I feel like I've made it seem up to this point. Yes, there were lots of tears. But it was so much more than that. I was laughing and smiling and oh the swoons. I could read it again and again.



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment