Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #18



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!

This weeks topic is....


"Top Ten Best/Worst Movie Adaptations"

This should be fun...


The Best:




Love the movies, love the books. Now I want to do a marathon of both...






Epic...



"Inconceivable!" ... All time favorite.




Seriously, read it! Watch it! I don't care which just do it!




Colin Firth and Hugh Grant in the same movie? Talk about ovary explosion...




One of my favorite of Shakespeare's work and I adore this adaptation.




It's Jane Austen! And I love Keira Knightley in period pieces. I think she's gorgeous and brilliant. Total girl crush. 




Huge amazing cast. One of my favorite Stephen King novels.



The Worst:




I was so freaking excited for this movie. I was obsessed with The Hunger Games trilogy. The movie had me SO PISSED. I literally complained the whole time I watched it. They changed way too many things that most of you were probably like "But just small things" Meh. I wasn't happy.



The names were the same...and that's about it. As just a movie.. it was okay. The acting was sort of over the top at times. But it wasn't that bad. But as a movie based off this book....pffft terribad.




So what made your list this week?



Follow on Bloglovin

12 comments:

  1. I love the LotR movies. They made my list, too. I really liked the P&P adaptation, too. I liked the HG movie, but do agree that they could have made it much better. Great list!
    Natflix&Books' TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Bridget Jones's Diary! And I want to see the Pride & Prejudice movie! Looks good!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Ally @ Book Fixation

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I look at the HG movie as what it is...just a movie I think I could say that I liked it. But I was so caught up in the series and had literally JUST FINISHED reading the entire trilogy, I mean I closed Mockingjay and turned on the movie that same day. So it was all still so fresh that I was easier to disappoint.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right?! I've been wanting to watch it again ever since typing this post up haha. Thanks for stopping by Ally! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Picks! HG and Beautiful Creatures are on my worst too. Princess Bride is classic! I think Twilight is a toss up for many people. :-) I will admit that I couldn't get through the books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jessica MangicaroJuly 9, 2013 at 1:12 PM

    Well, I've made my stance clear on the Twilight movies, so we won't get into that discussion. And I liked HG, myself. Haven't seen Beautiful Creatures, but I don't think I want to now. And I agree with Pride and Prejudice but I ran out of room on my list. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Finally, a twilight lover! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg, okay, I was literally JUST talking about the Stand with the fiance like 10 minutes ago. I've only read the book but I really reallyy disliked the ending!! I thought it was a cop out ending! Never watched the movie though.


    LOTR trilogy is amazing. And I like the BBC P&P better, mostly because umm Colin Firth. No one can do Mr. Darcy justice after that. Also, I haven't seen it but looking forward to how joss whedon's much ado about nothing is!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah I knew I'd probably be in the minority with Twilight. I can't help loving what I do! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah the topic this week was pretty dangerous! I can see many fandoms are gonna be all in a fury over their choices. Me eh. If someone doesn't like something I do .. it happens *Shrugs* I still heart you :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I say we go cower in the corner together and hide out from the mobs! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. DUDE I forgot about Colin Firth...*Sigh* He IS Mr. Darcy. Damnit...Where were you when I was writing this post?

    AND SHUT RIGHT THE HELL UP!!! HOW did I not know about the Joss Whedon Much Ado??? NATHAN FILLION FFS! I need to be taken out back and shot! I MUST SEE THIS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete