Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #08


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!


This week's topic is:

It's a rewind week! We can pick a past top ten that we missed the first time around OR make our own. I wasn't in a very creative mood today besides there were so many good topics to choose from but...I'm a sucker for love and I chose...

Top Ten Fictional Couples In Books

I keep thinking I've got these topics that are going to be so easy for me but...this one was harder than it seems!! :/ But enough of that! Here we go...


One:

♥Daemon Black and Katy Swartz♥
from
The Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout



 A fave Daemon and Katy moment:
(There are too many to count but this one is funny):

"Not in this lifetime, buddy," I said finally.


"Resistance is futile, Kitten."



"So is your charm."



"We'll see."



Rolling my eyes, I faced the front of the classroom. Daemon was a total babe, but he was stab-worthy, which, at times, zeroed out the babe part. Not always, though.


*****

I love Katy. She's a perfect book heroine IMO. She's quirky, feisty, funny, completely adorkable and hey she's a total bookworm and has her own book blog. See? She's perfect! And Daemon. Holy. Alien. Hotness. (Something you don't hear every day!) The two of them together, when they both quit fighting the inevitable, the chemistry is just explosive and I can't get enough them or these books.

✽❀✿❀✽

Two:

♥Travis Maddox and Abby Abernathy♥
from
The Beautiful Series by Jamie McGuire




A fave Travis and Abby moment:

"Third-highest test grade in the class! Nice, Pidge!" he said, squeezing me. His eyes were bright with excitement and pride, and an awkward feeling made me take a step back.



"Thanks, Trav. Couldn't have done it without you," I said, pulling on his T-shirt.



He tossed me over his shoulder, making his way through the crowd behind us. "Make way! Move it, people! Let's make room for this poor woman's hideously disfigured, ginormous brain! She's a fucking genius!"



I giggled at the amused and curious expressions of my classmates.


*****

Travis and Abby's story isn't for everyone and that's okay! But me personally, I fell in love with their story. Though I will admit I'm not 100% about adding them to this list because, although I loved them and these books, when I read Walking Disaster and was witness to everything that Abby put Travis through from his POV I sorta got super pissed at her. I mean neither of them were angels by any means through their rocky relationship but Abby was hardcore with the head stuff. In the end they're happy so...I'll keep them in their spot on here. :)

✽❀✿❀✽

Three:

♥Tucker Avery and Clara Gardner♥
from
The Unearthly Series by Cynthia Hand



 A fave Tucker and Clara moment:

"Perhaps we should put it to a vote," I say, looking coolly at Tucker, remembering how he almost got me burned as a witch. Sweet revenge.


"All in favor of death to Sir Tucker the heretic, raise your hand," says Angela quickly.



I look around the classroom at the raised hands. It's unanimous. Except for Tucker, who stands in the back with his arms crossed.



"Red-hot enema it is," I say.



"I'll mark it down," says Mr. Erikson gleefully.



"Now that that's settled," says Angela, looking at me sharply, "let me tell you about the defeat of the Spanish Armada."



I cast a triumphant glance at Tucker. The corner of his  mouth lifts in a half smile. He nods at me, as if to say, Touché


Point: Clara.
Go me.

*****

I seem to keep picking funny moments but you can't have love without laughter :) Now Tucker is my #1 man. The only man swoon worthy enough to take the top spot in my heart away from Daemon. I have him and Clara on my list at #3 purely out of jealous spite. Yeah... you heard me right! :P I honestly do not think any set of books has ever made me cry as much as these. Such a beautiful story.

✽❀✿❀✽

Four:

♥Cameron Hamilton and Avery Morgansten
from
Wait For You by J. Lynn (Jennifer L. Armentrout)



A favorite Cam and Avery moment:
 (Since I'm on a funny kick...)

"Though, I kind of missed the whole running into each other thing. Provided a lot of excitement."



"I don't miss that," I admitted, bending over and rummaging through my bag for my notebook. "That was really embarrassing."



"It shouldn't have been."



"Easy for you to say. You're the one who got plowed. I was doing the plowing."



Cam's mouth opened. Oh my God, did I really just say that? I had. Flushing to the roots of my hair, I flipped open my notebook.

*****


Cam and Avery's story isn't all fun and laughter. It deals with some harsh stuff. But watching the two of them overcome some pretty hard obstacles is very touching you get little gems of laughter like this along the way.

✽❀✿❀✽

Five:

♥Jase Garrett and Samantha Reed
from
My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick


 photo MyLifeNextDoor_zpsddd97889.jpg

A favorite Sam and Jase moment:


"Is Jase already going to marry you?"



I start coughing again. "Uh. No. No, George. I'm only seventeen." As if that's the only reason we aren't engaged.



"I'm this many," George holds up four slightly grubby fingers. "But Jase is seventeen and a half. You could. Then you could live in here with him. And have a big family."



Jase strides back into the room, of course, midway through this proposition. "George. Beat it. Discovery Channel is on."



George backs out of the room, but not before saying, "His bed's really comfortable. And he never pees in it."



The door closes and we both start laughing.


*****


First of all I'm nervous putting this one on here because I LOVE Jase and Samantha but I'm only halfway done with the book at the moment, I had a couple NetGalley books that were going to expire soon I needed to finish before this, and at the part I'm at I'm just waiting for that moment where it all falls apart before they HOPEFULLY get back together. BUT anyway, I freaking love Jase's family. So, so, so much and George is so adorable I wish I could squeeze and snuggle him!


✽❀✿❀✽

Six:

♥Graham Douglas and Emma Pierce
from
The Between the Lines Series by Tammara Webber





A favorite Graham and Emma moment:


"So how old are you? Twenty?"



"Yep, since June. How'd you know?"



I am not telling him that I internet stalked him. "Well, you seem younger than that, very immature, in fact, but you look older..." I laugh at the shocked look on his face, and then he growls and starts out of the chair. Backing further onto the bed, I shake my head, still laughing. "Noooo..."



"So I look like an immature old guy, is that what you're saying?" One corner of his mouth turns up as he puts a knee on the bed, following me.



"Positively decrepit." I hold my hands out in what's clearly simulated protection as he advances. I'm almost to the other side of the bed when he grabs both of my hands in one of his, sweeping his opposite arm around my waist and pulling me towards him. In two seconds, I'm flat on my back and he's on his knees next to me.



He releases one wrist long enough to catch it with his other hand, and he flattens my hands to the bed on either side of my head. His eyes are black in the low light of the room. "Do you surrender?"

*****



I didn't think I'd like these books before I read them. I was prepared not to, so when I was hooked by the end of the first chapter of book one, you could say I was pleasantly surprised. Graham and Emma had me sighing at the turn of every page.


✽❀✿❀✽

Seven:

♥Trevor Laurence and Maddie Dunn
from
The Ganzfield Series by Kate Kaynak




 A favorite Trevor and Maddie moment:
(Now this one isn't fair because only people who have read #4 Accused are going to get just how freaking funny this is. In other words...READ THIS SERIES! :D)

Trevor turned to me. "See? That's good to know."


I nodded. "Fem beet."



"Exactly," he agreed, and we fell into giggles again. I think we might've been annoying Morris.


*****

I'm laughing so hard right now and I'm sad you don't know why lol... This is another one of my obsession series. Not everyone will like it because I see some complain now and again about romances that happen too fast and I get that, I understand. Travis and Maddie are one of those cases but I can't help it these books are so freaking good and Travis and Maddie you just can't help but adore them. So sweet.

✽❀✿❀✽

Eight:

♥Dean Holder and Sky Davis♥
from
Hopeless by Colleen Hoover




A favorite Holder and Sky moment:

He turns the screen around to face me. "What the hell kind of texts are these?" He turns the phone around and reads one.


"Sky, you are beautiful. You are possibly the most exquisite creature in the universe and if anyone tells you otherwise, I'll cut a bitch." He arches an eyebrow and looks up at me, then back down to the phone. "Oh, God. They're all like this. Please tell me you don't text these to yourself for daily motivation."



I laugh and reach across the bar and snatch the phone out of his hand. "Stop. you're ruining the fun of it."



He leans his head back and laughs. "Oh my God, you do? Those are all from you?"



"No!" I say, defensively. "They're from Six. She's my best friend and she's halfway around the world and she misses me. She wants me to not be sad, so she sends me nice texts every day. I think it's sweet."



"Oh, you do not. You think it's annoying and you probably don't even read them."



How does he know that?



I set the phone down and cross my arms over my chest. "She means well," I say, still not admitting that the texts are annoying the living hell out of me.



"They'll ruin you. Those texts will inflate your ego so much, you'll explode." He grabs the phone and pulls his own phone out of his pocket. He scrolls through the screens on both phones and punches some numbers on his phone. "We need to rectify this situation before you start suffering from delusions of grandeur." He hands me back my phone and types something into his own phone, then puts it in his pocket. My phone sounds off, indicating a new text message. I look down at the screen and laugh.



Your cookies suck ass. And you're really not that pretty.


*****

 Okay I know that was a long one and I apologize but I freaking love that scene and you really can't get the full effect of the humor without all of that to understand what's going on lol. And when you're not dealing with the absolutely gut wrenching story that is Sky and Holder there are so many scenes like this that are laugh out loud funny. These two really tug at the heart strings.

✽❀✿❀✽

Ten:

♥Daniel Grigori and Luce Price♥
from
The Fallen Series by Lauren Kate



A favorite Daniel and Luce moment:

She glanced again at Daniel. He took his glasses off and slid them inside his jacket, then turned to look at her.


His gaze caught hers, and Luce watched as his eyes widened and then quickly narrowed in what looked like surprise. But no--it was more than that. When Daniel's eyes held hers, her breath caught in her throat. She recognized him from somewhere.



But she would have remembered meeting someone like him. She would have remembered feeling as absolutely shaken up as she did right now.



She realized they were still locking eyes when Daniel flashed her a smile. A jet of warmth shot through her and she had to grip the bench for support. She felt her lips pull up in a smile back at him, but then he raised his hand in the air.



And flipped her off.

*****


This first meeting at the beginning of book one made me know I was going to love this series. Daniel and Luce *sigh* Nothing in heaven or on earth can come between their love. Literally :)

✽❀✿❀✽

Ten:
♥Al'Lan Mandragoran and Nynaeve al'Meara♥
from
The Wheel of Time Series by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson



A favorite Lan and Nynaeve moment:

One moment Nynaeve was standing there, with just time to gape at the tall man sweeping toward her; the next her shoes were dangling a foot off the floor and she was being quite thoroughly kissed. At first she kicked his shins and hammered him with her fists and made sounds of frantic, furious protest, but her kicks slowed and stopped, and then she was holding on to his shoulders and not protesting at all.


[...Skips irrelevant stuff...]



After a while Lan set Nynaeve back on her feet. She swayed a bit as she straightened her dress and patted her hair furiously. "You have no right..." she began in a breathless voice, then stopped to swallow. "I will not be manhandled in that fashion for the whole world to see. I will not!"



"Not the whole world," he replied. "But if they can see, they can hear as well. You have made a place in my heart where I thought there was no room for anything else. You have made flowers grow where I cultivated dust and stones. Remember this, on this journey you insist on making. If you die, I will not survive you long." He gave Nynaeve one of his rare smiles. If it did not exactly soften his face, at least it made it less hard.


*****

These books are without a doubt the Best. Epic. Fantasy. Series. Ever. EVER! Nyn and Lan are one of the many stories going on within this series. Not even the main focus of the story really, but I'm so attached to them. So many feels.


✽❀✿❀✽

Surprise, surprise! I did a long post :O! Haha sorry I can't help myself!


7 comments:

  1. Fun list! I especially love that you included your favorite couple moments :) I haven't read any of the books you listed, but I did just get HOPELESS on my Kindle. I'm hoping to read it soon.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can never seem to be happy unless I go on and on it seems haha :) I hope you like Hopeless when you get to it!

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. I love Jase Garrett and Samantha Reed and keep meaning to pick up the Between the Lines series. I also just got Hopeless on my Kindle and hope to get to it soon. Fun TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Between the Lines. But a pre-read warning...Where You Are (#2) had me SO angry. Not in a "this book is horrible" sort of way but at the lengths that two specific characters go to to get what they want. Which is all I will say. That being said if you then feel like "Why would I read #3" that is about one of those people...DO IT. Still read #3!! :)

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. I approve of almost ALL of these couples! (There's a few I can't say because I haven't met them yet!) I have Hopeless on my Nook and I've been dying for My Life Next Door, just haven't bought it yet.

    Otherwise, I also love Daemon and Katy, Tucker and Clara, Avery and Cam, Daniel and Luce, and even Travis and Abby (even though Abby irritated me)

    Great list Sheri!! :)

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica!! I can't wait to see what you think of both Hopeless and My Life Next Door!! :)

      Thank you for stopping by :D

      Delete
  4. Great list, all these characters seem super interesting. I thought some of the quotes were super funny. I have not read any of those books, I plan to read a few, I have some books in the Fallen series.

    ReplyDelete