Thursday, April 18, 2013

Swoon Thursday #06



Swoon Thursday is a weekly meme hosted by YA Bound. 
From the book we're currently reading or one we've just finished we're supposed to show you "what made me SWOON. What got my heart pounding, my skin tingling, and my stomach fluttering." So without further ado....


I didn't have anything prepared for this week. I usually do these memes on the weekend and have them scheduled to post on their designated days. So it's Wednesday and I just figured I would skip this week because I don't feel like scrounging something up. And as I'm reading my current book something finally happens that makes me say "Well...hello there!" Romance isn't the main focus and I had a feeling something would happen sooner or later but about 53% in...finally it does. This is actually happening RIGHT after something pretty horrible. I love it when it sneaks up like this! So my swoon this week is from:



The Testing by Joelle Charbonneau
Expected publication: June 4th 2013
(I heart NetGalley and Houghton Mifflin Harcourt for this AMAZING book)



Tomas's eyes are glazed and his forehead coated with sweat as he gives me a weak smile. "I barely felt a thing," he lies.

I go to place a kiss on his cheek, only he turns his head and the kiss lands on the corner of his mouth. Time stops as we stare at each other. Then, very slowly, Tomas leans forward and kisses me again. The kiss is light as a feather, but I feel it all the way down in my stomach. I've been kissed by boys before--I'm young for my class, but I'm not that young. None of those kisses made me feel the way this one does. Maybe because of the fear and adrenaline I've been operating under or because I don't understand why Tomas kissed me. Gratitude? Or something more? Something I have felt building since we danced last year and have been too scared to believe is real.


So there we go. I know it's not a slam me up against the wall, tie me to the bedpost sort of swoon, but it's amazingly sweet in a book where the focus isn't a romantic relationship between the main characters, it's about survival. I just hope they both are alive at the end of the book or you're gonna have one ticked off bookworm! 
I heart Tomas and Cia ♥ :)

So what is everyone else swooning over this week? Link me up!


No comments:

Post a Comment