Wednesday, February 20, 2013

REVIEW: Good For You (Between the Lines #3) by Tammara Webber

Title/Series: Good For You | Between the Lines #3
Author: Tammara Webber
Publisher: Tammara Webber
Published: December 15th 2011
Format: eBook | Pages: 322
Genre: YA, Romance
Source: Purchased B&N

★★★★★ (5/5) Stars!

Tammara Webber | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads


(Mature Teens +) Reid Alexander's life is an open book. His Hollywood celebrity means that everything he does plays out in the public eye. Every relationship, every error in judgment is analyzed by strangers. His latest mistake totaled his car, destroyed a house and landed him in the hospital. Now his PR team is working overtime to salvage his image. One thing is clear—this is one predicament he won’t escape without paying for it.

Dori Cantrell is a genuine humanitarian—the outward opposite of everything Reid is about. When his DUI plea bargain lands him under her community service supervision, she proves unimpressed with his status and indifferent to his proximity, and he soon wants nothing more than to knock her off of her pedestal and prove she's human.

Counting the days until his month of service is over, Dori struggles to ignore his wicked magnetic pull while shocking him with her ability to see past his celebrity and challenging him to see his own wasted potential. But Dori has secrets of her own, safely locked away until one night turns her entire world upside down. Suddenly their only hope for connection and redemption hinges on one choice: whether or not to have faith in each other.



So if you hadn't gathered from my review of Where You Are, I have no liking for Reid Alexander. None. My feelings are very far on the side of dislike matter of fact. Actually dislike is putting it mildly! So when I started to read this book, I was hoping it was a continuation of, in my opinion, one of the best book couples out there Graham and Emma. Oh how wrong I was. 

So it starts out with Reid and I'm thinking, seriously?! They didn't give up?? But then when it switched POV's pretty quickly, we're introduced to someone brand new. My thoughts then were "OMG Tammara what are you trying to do to me? You want me to forgive this creep and not only that have hope he has some redeeming qualities? No way...I thought that in book one!!" Besides that, first we know of Dori she's teaching at Vacation Bible School. Reid is going to destroy this poor girl. But with a reluctant sigh I read on.

If I hadn't already felt so before, this book would have solidified the fact that I will never question anything written by Tammara Webber. I will read without question or synopsis anything this woman writes. Reid's road to redemption in my eyes was a long and hard one but by the end of "Good For You" he has completely won me over. So those of you who can't stand him like I did, trust me, give this book a chance he may just change your mind.

I really liked Dori. She was such a good person. She also had secrets of her own along with some real challenges in her family life that cross her path as the story progresses. The relationship that reluctantly, from both sides, developes between Dori and Reid is so sweet and really made my heart happy. :)

With a fourth book coming out I can only guess that it will be Brooke's story. But that's just my guess I have no idea it just makes sense since she wrote one about Reid and it concluded quite nicely at the end of this one. She has got a lot of work to do to win me over with Brooke. As much as I couldn't stand Reid by the end of "Where You Are"...my feelings are much worse towards Brooke. So we shall see!

Love, love this series!! :) But I just have one question I'd ask Tammara Webber if I ever had the chance and to quote Reid Alexander himself it would be:

"Dorcas? Who the hell names a kid Dorcas?" 


2 comments:

  1. Looks like we enjoy lots of the same authors. I look forward to reading more of your reviews and am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! It's great to have you and you have excellent taste in authors then! lol :)

    ReplyDelete